Interested in Hypnosis for Children?
Brenda works with children, teens, and young adults in her office, helping them with a variety of issues, including confidence, adjustment to change (ie school change, family changes, internal changes during puberty), sports performance, test anxiety, relationship issues, and motivation. In general, most of the issues that adults come to hypnosis for, Brenda can help children, teens and young adults with. When seeking hypnosis for children, especially minors, it is important to keep in mind:
- Before Brenda can work with a child or teen, she will want to ensure that they are open to working with her and that they are willing to use hypnosis to make changes in their lives. While Brenda usually arrange the sessions with a parent or guardian, she will talk to the child or teen on their first session to make sure that they are comfortable with her, with the office setting, and the use of hypnosis.
- It is important that the child or teen focuses on their own goals and benefits for change. While Brenda will usually make sure that the parents and the child agree on the goals, she will want to be sure she is working towards goals and changes that the client is willing to make.
- Brenda often encourages parents to come for sessions before she will see the child/teen. This will help the parent understand themselves on a whole new level and will help them feel more comfortable with the process before the child/teen participates in sessions.
- The confidentiality of Brenda’s clients is extremely important. Brenda has found that this helps them feel more comfortable talking to her, which helps them get the most out of their sessions. Parents have a comfortable place to sit and relax in the front office while the child or teen is in session. When Brenda completes each session, she and the client will agree on reporting back on the session and explaining their progress to the parents. During this time, she will partner with the parents to assist the client between sessions to achieve their goals.
- Brenda will discuss confidentiality with the child/teen. She will explain that if she is concerned that they are in danger to themselves or others that she will need to break the confidentiality to maintain their safety.
Are you ready to get started with Hypnosis for Children? Contact Brenda for your free phone consultation and to schedule your sessions.